Developing Confident, Productive and Goal-achieving Women
My Daughters Can We Talk (MDCWT) - We strive to raise daughters to become functional adults, mothers and leaders by providing the tools to strengthen their leadership and communication skills to live a valued life. A life of excellence in all that they are and to value their self-worth, discover their strengths and passions. Through our sustainable programs, our goals are to:
- Maintain an environment that builds character, promote confidence, release charm and cultivate the beauty and intelligence for all girls
- Empower the girls to value their self-worth, discover their strengths, passions and encourage them to rise up to challenges.
- Educate the girls to develop greater understanding and acceptance, changing current behaviors/patterns, and developing better ways of coping within their peers.
- Inspire the girls to create social change in their own communities.
- Promote awareness that the Power of Life lives within their heart, mind and tongue.
- Consider any subject a daughter wishes to learn about, apart from controversial topics we feel are better addressed by parents or religious leaders.
- Help the girls find their “inner girl power,” play a role in developing the next generation of leaders and change makers.
"At MDCWT, we support, mentor and guide girls in an affirming, pro-girl environment. Here, girls learn to value their whole selves, discover and develop their inherent strengths, and receive the support they need to live healthy and active lifestyles and are less likely to engage in risky behavior. They are eager to learn, successful in school, and more likely to graduate from post-secondary education; and they display diligence, perseverance and resilience."